Stop Snoring Oral Mouth Appliances
After establishing your optimal breathing position, your dentist will fit you with an oral appliance. An oral appliance looks like an athletic mouth guard, but much less bulky. Using the Eccovision, your dentist can place the oral appliance correctly, allowing for maximum airway patency. The oral appliance gently holds your jaw in the right position to maintain proper airway function as you sleep. Successful treatment is achieved by simply wearing the oral appliance at night.
It is important that you treat your disordered breathing problem as soon as possible.
SDB has been linked to
- Cardiovascular disease
- Ischemic Stroke
- Attention deficie/hyperactivity disorder (AD/HD)
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Family discord
- Increased mortality
Sleep is a major part of our overall health.
The following is a brief quiz from the American Academy of Sleep Medicine may provide a clue as to how healthy your sleep is.
If you answer true more than twice, you may want to discuss this quiz with your dentist, physician, or other health care professional. Ask about the possibility of oral appliance therapy.
- I feel sleepy during the day, even when I get a good night’s sleep.
- I get very irritable when I can’t sleep.
- I often wake up at night and have trouble falling back asleep.
- It usually takes me a long time to fall asleep.
- I often wake up very early and can’t fall back asleep. I usually feel achy and stiff when I wake up in the morning.
- I often seem to wake up because of dreams.
- I sometimes wake up gasping for breath.
- My bed partner says my snoring keeps her/him from sleeping.
- I’ve fallen asleep driving.